(a) MEMBERSHIP- There is established a National Advisory Council on Indian Education (hereafter in this section referred to as the Council), which shall —
(1) consist of 15 Indian members, who shall be appointed by the President from lists of nominees furnished, from time to time, by Indian tribes and organizations; and
(2) represent different geographic areas of the United States.
(b) DUTIES- The Council shall —
(1) advise the Secretary concerning the funding and administration (including the development of regulations and administrative policies and practices) of any program, including any program established under this part —
(A) with respect to which the Secretary has jurisdiction; and
(B)(i) that includes Indian children or adults as participants; or
(ii) that may benefit Indian children or adults;
(2) make recommendations to the Secretary for filling the position of Director of Indian Education whenever a vacancy occurs; and
(3) submit to Congress, not later than June 30 of each year, a report on the activities of the Council, including —
(A) any recommendations that the Council considers appropriate for the improvement of Federal education programs that include Indian children or adults as participants, or that may benefit Indian children or adults; and
(B) recommendations concerning the funding of any program described in subparagraph (A).